Creators can now be rewarded with up to $10,000 a month for making great content on their favorite social media platforms.
Major social media and video players such as Facebook and YouTube have started new bonus programs to incentivize creators to make more content, rewarding them with a new way to earn money as they hit certain milestones or go viral.
Below, we’re breaking down each platform’s new bonus program, and how BBTV can support creators to rise above the rest and qualify to earn more from these new initiatives.
YouTube Shorts Fund To Distribute $100 Million Over 2021-2022
Starting this month, YouTubers in select countries can receive a piece of the $100 million YouTube Shorts Fund, or up to $10,000 a month, if their creations are amongst the top trending content on the platform.
YouTube introduced the new fund in May to reward creators whose Shorts were performing well across views and engagement. According to YouTube, anyone is eligible to participate in the fund, and will also extend to creators outside of the YouTube Partner Program, as long as the original content adheres to YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
Who is eligible?
Only creators in 10 countries are eligible to receive YouTube Shorts Fund payments: the U.S., U.K., Brazil, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, Russia, and South Africa. If these regions don’t apply to you, keep checking with BBTV as eligibility is expected to expand across more countries and regions soon. To be eligible for the Shorts Fund, channels must follow these guidelines:
- Have uploaded at least one eligible Short in the last 180 days.
- Conform to YouTube’s Community Guidelines, copyright rules and monetization policies.
- Creators must be 13 years old or older in the U.S. (or the “age of majority” in their country/region) and must accept the terms of the program and link to an active Google AdSense account to receive the bonus payments.
- YouTube Shorts that include non-original content, such as reuploaded videos from other channels, watermarks, or logos from third-party social platforms will be excluded from payment eligibility.
BBTV is the best place for creators looking to expand their YouTube strategy into Shorts and earn more revenue from these initiatives. In fact, BBTV has generated 5.5 billion new monthly views on YouTube Shorts since adding notable creators to its already-influential creator network.
Partnering with BBTV can maximize your potential to earn from the Shorts Funds with exclusive access to YouTube experts and creator tools. Master important platform elements including analytics, metadata, and thumbnails with BBTV and you’ll be on your way to creating trending content.
Facebook, Instagram To Incentivize Creators With $1 Billion In Bonus Programs
“We want to build the best platforms for millions of creators to make a living, so we’re creating new programs to invest over $1 billion to reward creators for great content they create on Facebook and Instagram through 2022.”
How Does Instagram’s Bonus Programs Work?
The investment will pay eligible creators for hitting certain milestones when using the monetization tools available on Facebook and Instagram. These rewards will be attainable for a wide variety of creators for sharing content that is performing well.
The platforms will include dedicated hubs within the Instagram app sometime this summer, and in the Facebook app this fall, where creators can learn about the bonus programs available to them.
New Instagram bonuses that will be available to select creators, by invitation, include:
- IGTV Ads Bonus: Available now to creators in the U.S., allowing you to earn a one-time bonus for signing up for IGTV ads, enabling you to earn a share of revenue when ads run during your videos.
- Badges in Live Bonus: Available now to creators in 11 countries, rewarding you when you meet certain milestones with badges, such as going Live with another account.
- Reels Summer Bonus: Launching in the coming weeks to creators in the US and will pay you for creating great Reels content on Instagram. You can find the Reels Summer bonus in the new Bonuses section of the Instagram app; earnings are based on how well your Reels perform.
How Does Facebook’s Bonus Programs Work?
On Facebook, new bonus programs and seed funding will join existing monetization tools that are already available via invitation, such as:
- In-Stream Bonus: An earnings bonus over the next four months to select video creators using in-stream ads.
- Stars Bonus: The expansion of the Stars Challenges program to include select gaming creators. Participating video and gaming creators will receive a monthly bonus for hitting specific Stars milestones over the next three months.
Facebook has provided some transparency into a set of principles that will guide how their bonus programs are distributed throughout the investment:
- Authentic: Rewarding creators who are creating original and high-quality content.
- Attainable: Supporting creators of all sizes across a wide range of verticals, with earning opportunities for a variety of content on our apps.
- Simple and Actionable: Easy-to-understand requirements that creators can take action on to help them grow their businesses.
This will also help creators understand what Facebook is searching for and how they can qualify for bonus payouts. Creators must also comply with their Partner Monetization Policies.
Get Ready With BBTV’s Blog
BBTV has shared a number of valuable resources to help creators get the most out of their content strategies. From the best times to post on social media and simple ways to level up your Instagram stories, to live streaming on Facebook and Instagram, and Instagram Reels tips, we’re helping set you up for success related to these new bonus programs. Keep a lookout on our blog for more updates on these and other emerging creator bonus programs, as well as articles that share the secret to trending YouTube Shorts and social videos.
BBTV is also home to a massive creator network of TikTok and Instagram influencers, helping them grow their followings and monetize their content in exciting and innovative ways. Partnering with BBTV means access to our Channel Growth program, dedicated to supporting the growth of your Instagram, Facebook, and overall social media content strategy, while helping you earn more while doing it.